Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Day Three: Caleta & Squid Ink

We visited the market at Caleta today and took a trip to the harbour. It was the same location that I got overwhelmed by last visit and there was a bit of it again this time too. Starting off in the bar though I started plucking out patterns from the surrounding buildings and people:



Then at the harbour it was time for texture abstraction:



I took a lot of photos to draw inspiration from later, there is a theme of: 
netting, strapping, line, texture, decay and layering






There were some fisherman around as we were drawing and one of them caught an octopus! 


As it hit the floor, squid ink left its tenticles, I took some on my finger and drew with it...
now that is location drawing!!!




I finished off the day with the rich colour of the drying nets


and here is me in situ!

No comments:

Post a Comment