Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

Last Day at the Office

So, today was my last day....


I've had such a great time on this placement! It's been an all rounded experience... having the excuse to try out living in London for a while, working a 9 - 5 office job, using 'industry professional services' for  sourcing materials; putting my compositional and colour skills to the test, develop an awareness of the systems involved in a publishing house (which I hadn't fully appreciated Global Color was) writing for copy, taking in all that was happening in regards promotion, marketing and forward planning, and of course the best activity in the creative industry - lots of cutting and sticking! 

I can't wait to see the final copy of the shoot in the fully printed magazine, which will be in a couple of months time. In the meantime, I'm happy top say that working with Global Color has reaffirmed my passion for colour and that I realise it is something I have been missing in my own work. The challenge and journey this now offers me is a very exciting one so I'm looking forward to going back home, tidying up my total tip of a studio space and sorting out where I want to take it all next!

Thank you Global Color for a great placement! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment