Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Scalpal to the Landscape

I have been cutting out rivers, lakes and woodlands from a variety of maps, and working with the negative space to create sculptures for my next project



creating my own landscape by adding maps together...

I came across this painting by David Wightman and the vibrant river against the dark grey background reminded me of a similar idea:

via Aesthetica
then it was a case of moulding the maps into shapes

this one would look great with some light behind it!

attempt at a bird...following the roads as my scoring lines
working a bit more with slotting and abstracting, concentrating more on form and structure







using the found image and working with its elements


this one is my favourite - simple cuts and the last one I did (typical!) lots of scope for development with this though

No comments:

Post a Comment