Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Blog blog birdy birdy

I've been having so much fun with this blog recently! Maybe it's because there's only a couple of months left to my first year at uni (and I already feel a bit like I'm in summer mode), but I'm really into researching at the moment and finding so many wonderful makers! The internet is amazing, distracting, yes, but amazing!! I have discovered so many things from the hour or two I spend browsing everyday..newsletters, blogs, and facebook feeds - information and connection at the click of a button!

Today I came across Tara Badcock Tasmanian embroiderer-extrodinaire! These birds are hers:
I love the addition of the long feather!


and she quotes so beautifully too! :
My favourite and constantly inspiring quote is from Mark Twain, “You might be on the right track but you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”

If you want something to happen in your life, you have to make it happen and if you’re on the right track then the Universe seems to conspire to help you succeed.
So true!

Another bird-y maker is Abigail Brown - who really is incredible!





Another to mention at this point too is Donya Coward. Local to Nottingham (and a studio that's a stones throw from uni!) her taxidermy creations have been mentioned already on here but beautiful nonetheless and worth another shout!



No comments:

Post a Comment